Our top six document migration tips
- Create a communication plan that explains the 'what, how and when' of your migration.
- Identify a 'line in the sand'/‘cut off’ and all other key project dates to migrate data by.
- Use this opportunity to clean, check and update existing metadata to optimize classification.
- Ensure that your legacy and new system (Aconex) Access Rights meet record creation/management requirements for both pre- and post-migration.
- Ensure there is the necessary access to your legacy data in accordance with your Data Retention Policy.
- Close out all processes (where possible) in the legacy system.
Let Aconex do the heavy lifting for you
Aconex has a couple of options you can use to make migrating easier. For instance, you can use the built-in functionality of Bulk Document processing or use our custom-API-based tools. You can use your dev team to create these or use Oracle Aconex’s expertise. See your account rep for more information.