Registering existing Outlook email into Aconex
Select the email you want to register in Outlook.
Click the Register in Aconex button in the Aconex toolbar. You can also right-click a mail in your Inbox list and then select Register in Aconex.
If you didn’t select the Log me in when Outlook starts checkbox during the setup process, you will be prompted to enter your login details.
- Select the project you want to register your email into.
Click Next to search the project’s directory. Aconex will try to match the recipients’ email addresses with the data in the directory. If matches are found for all recipients, go to Step 6. Any addresses that are not matched or are duplicates are listed, see below for an example.
- If this happens you have to resolve the unmatched/duplicate addresses before you can register them. Do this by selecting them then searching on one of the name fields. When you find a matching user, click Match next to their name. Possible matches who are already project members are listed at the top of results.
If you can’t see a suitable match this might be because the person is:
- one of several recipients of the email you’re registering. In this case you can choose not to match this person by clicking Ignore email address and continuing to register the email.
- the only recipient for the email. You can either:
If you match someone by mistake you can unmatch them by selecting Settings/Unmatch Users.
Once you’ve resolved all the listed email addresses, click Next.
Select either Assign the same mail data to all emails or Select and apply data to individual emails.
Fill in the fields in the next screen as required. Mandatory fields are shown in yellow.
- Click Register in Aconex,confirm the registration, then click Close.
Copies of the emails you selected are now registered in Aconex. Once an email has been successfully registered in Aconex, a new column called Aconex will appear in your Outlook email view.