Send project mail using Aconex for Outlook
Fill in all the mandatory fields. These fields will be marked in yellow, just like in the Aconex web application.
- The To field
To fill in the To field, start typing the recipient’s name. This will search the project directory.
Or, click on the To button to search the project or global directory.
- Add an attachment
Within Outlook, you can add an attachment to your project mail from either your local network or from your organization’s document register in Aconex.
- Add a file from your computer or local network:
Click Local File.
Add a file from your organization’s document register:
- Click Aconex Document.
- Search for the document. You can narrow your search using the Document number, Document type, Status, and Discipline fields. You can also enter relevant keywords into the Search field. Click Search to run your search, or Clear to remove your search criteria and start again.
- Check the checkbox next to the document.
- Click OK.
- The document will be listed in the attachment field.
Mark the mail as confidential
You can send confidential mail using Aconex for Outlook. Simply click the Confidential button.
- Save the project mail to draft
Click the Save button.
To send your project mail, click Send Aconex Mail. This sends the mail to both the recipients and your Aconex mail box.
- When the mail is sent, it will appear in your Aconex Mail Sent folder.