Upgrade your Local Copy installation
Install the new version of Local Copy
- Download the Local Copy installer.
- Stop the Local Copy service. To do this:
- Log into Local Copy as the Administrator.
- Click on the Program menu.
- Choose Stop local Copy Service.
- Navigate the folder to which you downloaded the Local Copy installer.
- Unzip the installer files and navigate to that unzipped folder.
- Run Aconex Local Copy Install for Windows.bat as the Administrator. If you’re not the Administrator of the machine on which you’re doing the installation, right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator from the menu that appears.
- You’ll see a message asking if you’d like to upgrade Local Copy. Click Yes.
- Click Next in the Welcome screen.
- Read through the License Agreement and accept it: click on the radio button next to I accept the terms of this license agreement, then click Next.
- You’ll see the location of your previous installation of the Local Copy folder on your machine. Don’t change this. Click Next.
- You’ll see a notification about upgrading Local Copy. Click Yes.
- You’ll see the progress of your installation as it takes place. Note that this process can take a long time. We recommend leaving your computer on overnight if your Local Copy installation contains gigabytes of data. When the installation is complete, click Next.
- Click Done to launch Aconex Local Copy.
- Aconex Local Copy Manager will open in your browser.
Verify your installation
From the Local Copy Manager:
- Click on View Jobs.
- Select a job with the status Available.
- Click on Force update.
- Wait for around 10 minutes, then click Refresh.
- Check the #issues column.
- If the #issues column count is more than 0, and appears in red, please contact our Service Desk.
- If the #issues column count is 0, the upgrade has completed successfully.
- Once the job has completed, log into Local Copy Viewer.
- Double click on the job you just forced to update.
- Verify that you can access documents and mail in that job.
- If you can’t, please contact our Service Desk.