Change the password complexity for users in your organization
As the Org Admin you can change the rules that a user's password must conform to. Users with Edit all user profiles permission can also make these changes.
- Click the Setup button on the Module Menu, and then under My Organization, click User Accounts List.
- Type the user's given or family name or their login name into the fields provided.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the name of the user you want to edit.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Select the required rule for this user in the Password Strength list:
|Option||Notes||An example password|
|Standard (8 – 16 characters, at least 2 letters and 2 numbers)||pa5sw0rd|
|Complex (8 – 16 characters with minimum of 3 different types: capitals, lowercase, numbers & symbols)||Allowed special characters are: [~!@#$%^&*()_-+]||Pa$sw0rd|
- Click the Save button.