Change the password complexity for users in your organization
- Click the Setup button on the Module Menu, and then under My Organization, click User Accounts List.
- Type the user's given or family name or their login name into the fields provided.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the name of the user you want to edit.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Select the required rule for this user in the Password Strength list, see the table below.
- You can also select the amount of time between a password’s expiry date. The options are six months, 60 days or 45 days. The number of attempts defaults to five.
- When you’ve finished, save your changes.
|Option||Notes||An example password|
|Standard (8 – 16 characters, at least 2 letters and 2 numbers)||pa5sw0rd|
|Complex (8 – 16 characters with minimum of 3 different types: capitals, lowercase, numbers & symbols)||Allowed special characters are: [~!@#$%^&*()_-+]||Pa$sw0rd|