Why would I create a user role at the project level?
Organization level or project level - what's the difference?
You can create or modify two different types of user roles:
- organization level, and
- project level.
Organization-level user roles are how you will manage most of your organization's permissions in Aconex. When you make a change to an organization-level user role, it applies to every project your team is working on.
If you need to change a user’s permissions for one specific project, create a user role at the project level. Project-level user role settings will override any organization-level settings. But just for the specific project.
What settings can I change at the project level?
You can change (unless you've been restricted by the Project Administrator) the following settings:
- Edit role secured asset settings
- Edit user role settings
- Mark up files using viewer
- Create a transmittal
- Mark documents as No longer in use
- Restore historical document to current version
- Run auto-update transmitted documents
- Supersede a document
- Upload new documents
- Share a document
- Share documents to all
- Bulk process
- Search document register
- Create mail
- View organization’s project mail
- Can be made a mail approver
- Create a tender addendum
- Create a tender invitation
- Create a tender response
- Create/edit a workflow template
- Initiate a workflow
- Workflow administrator
- Configure Access Control
- Edit project settings
- Supplier Documents administrator
Web Services API
- Perform Web Services API
- View Reports
- Access BIM
- Create Model Stack