Give users in your organization permission to create workflow templates
- To give permissions for users in your organization to create workflows for:
- all projects, check that the Organization tab is selected, then change the settings for an organization-level user role
- only one particular project, click the Project tab, then change the settings for a project-level user role.
Change the settings for an organization-level user role
- Depending on how you manage user roles for your organization, you can either:
- For Create/edit a workflow template, select Grant.
In this image we're changing the Workflows User role. Anyone in our organization who has been assigned this user role will now have permission to start a workflow.
- Click the Save button in the top right of the page to save your changes.
Now anyone with the user role you've just modified will have permissions to create workflow templates. They'll be able to create workflow templates on any project they're participating on.
You don't need to read through the rest of the instructions on this page.
Change the settings for a project-level user role
- Select the project you'll be modifying.
- Create a project-specific user role for your organization to allow users to create workflow templates.
- Select Grant from the Create/edit a workflow template dropdown.
We've called our new user role Workflows Template.
- Click the Save button at the top right-hand corner of the page to save this new setting.
- Now click the Assign user roles button.
- Check the Workflow Template role checkbox for each person who needs permission to create workflow templates.
- Click the Save button to save these changes.