Aconex Project Preferences Guide
Select print shops lets you choose the print centers that users on this project in your organization can access.
Select default print shops lets you set the print centers that users on this project in your organization will be offered by default.
Select provider for fax-in gateway for my organization on this project lets you choose a fax-in gateway if you need to use one. We recommend you (contact our Service Desk)[/contact-us] to activate this setting.
Select document types lets you choose the document types that will be available to users on this project. Note that Project owners can assign your organization document types, which will override your preference.
Select document statuses lets you choose the document statuses that will be available to users on this project. Note that Project owners can assign your organization document statuses, which will override your preference.
Update document register with transmittal attachments automatically (except workflows) ensures that your organization’s document register is automatically updated with documents transmitted outside of workflows for this project. Aconex recommends that automatic registration is always turned on, unless a procedure is put into place for the audit of all incoming documents (except workflows) by a document control team.
Update document register automatically upon receipt of workflow transmittals ensures that your organization’s document register will be automatically updated with workflows sent via transmittals for this project. Aconex recommends that automatic registration only be turned off when a procedure is put into place for audit of all incoming documents by a document control team.
Enable document sharing lets you share documents in your register that you want people outside your organization to have access to without you transmitting them. This may be useful for health and safety guidelines and legal standards, and so on. In most cases, we recommend that document sharing is not enabled as sending transmittals, or using the Project Information panel on the Tasks page, is better practice. Please speak to your Aconex system consultant before turning this setting on, because it can have unexpected consequences.
An alternative way to share documents with every person working on the project is to upload them to the Project Information area.
On upload, mark all documents as confidential ensures that all documents users in your organization on this project upload to the register are marked as confidential by default.
Create a default list of users for new confidential documents lets you create a list of users who will have automatic access to new documents on this project that are marked as Confidential. Only those users who you have selected to access confidential documents will be able to see them.
Set default time zone lets you set the time zone for your project if it’s different from your organization’s location.
Select mail types lets you exclude mail types that aren’t relevant to this project. You can also specify auto text for each mail type from this page. Note that Mail types can be assigned to your organization by each project owner and these types can override your preferences.
Email address where mail can be sent as a backup lets you specify an email address to which you’ll have all mail for this project sent as a backup. If you don’t enter an address here, your mail won’t be backed up to an external address.
Include confidential mail in email backup lets you ensure that confidential project mail is also sent to the backup address you specified above. If you don’t select this setting, confidential mail won’t be backed up.
Configure mail signatures lets you create and edit plain text and HTML signatures that everyone working on your project can use. Note that users ultimately choose whether to use your organization’s signature, this signature, or a signature they’ve created themselves.
Configure mail auto text lets you create and edit text that all users on your project can select to insert into the mail they compose.
Automatically expand zip files received via email ensures that zip files emailed to the temporary files area are automatically expanded.
Set language for mail and document auto-numbering ensures that mail and documents are coded against different language systems for all users in your organization on the project.
Project-wide settings: Security
Project-wide password strength lets you choose from a pre-set selection of password strength and length options for users on this project.
Project-wide password access rule lets you choose from a pre-set selection of password expiry options for users on this project.
Project-wide session time duration lets you choose how long users’ web browsers can be idle before they’re automatically logged out of Aconex.
Select project invitation method lets you control how open or restricted access to your project is to external users.
- Open lets any user on a project invite others to join.
- Restricted automatically adds any user receiving project mail to the project directory as a shadow user.
- Explicit only means that only Project Administrators on this project can invite new users to join it.
Maintain review status when superseding documents ensures that when a user replaces a document with a newer version, the review status listed for the prior version of the document is maintained.
Allow files to be cached via Akamai network allows documents to be retrieved more quickly.
Enable project-wide auto-numbering of documents ensures this project’s documents are automatically assigned unique identification numbers.
- Select values for Attribute 1 – lets you select the values for Attribute 1 on this project.
- Make Attribute 1 compulsory – ensures Attribute 1 is compulsory for all mail.
- Select values for Attribute 2 – lets you select the values for Attribute 2 on this project.
- Make Attribute 2 compulsory – ensures Attribute 2 is compulsory for all mail.
- Select values for Attribute 3 – lets you select the values for Attribute 3 on this project.
- Make Attribute 3 compulsory – ensures Attribute 3 is compulsory for all mail.
- Select values for Attribute 4 – lets you select the values for Attribute 4 on this project.
- Make Attribute 4 compulsory – ensures Attribute 4 is compulsory for all mail.
- Make “Response required” compulsory when creating RFIs – ensures that whenever a project participant creates a Request for Information, the Response required field will be mandatory.
- Select values for “Reason for issue” field – lets you set the various reasons for issue that will be available to project participants sending transmittals.
- Make “Reason for issue” compulsory for Transmittals – ensures that a reason for issue must be set for every transmittal sent on the project.
- Use project auto numbering scheme by default for new organizations – lets you set a scheme by which each project mail is automatically prefixed with an organization identifier. For example, ABC-RFI-00001, where ABC is the organization identifier. For detailed information on using this see Auto-numbering Schemes.
- Lock project mail auto-numbering scheme across all organizations so only the project owner can change these settings – lets you restrict edit access to mail auto-numbering to your own organization, so that other project participants can’t change it.
Lock mail and document types across all organizations so only the project owner can change these settings prevents project participants from changing this project’s mail and document settings within their organization.