Editing a document auto-numbering scheme
Change a document auto-numbering scheme as needed - it won't affect any document numbers already assigned to documents under the scheme.
- Click the name of the document auto-numbering scheme that your want to edit.
- Change the name for the scheme in the Name field, as required.
- Click the Add icon to add more format elements to the scheme if needed.
- Click the Remove icon to remove a format element from the scheme if needed.
- For each format element in the scheme, choose the appropriate item from the list. One element must be set to Sequence Number. This is usually the last element in the scheme.
- If required, you can select a different character in any Separator list. The default separator character is a hyphen.
- Change the sequence number length in the Length field, as required.
- Change the sequence starting number in the Start at field, as required
- Change the document types that this scheme applies to, if required:
- To apply this scheme to a document type, double-click on a document type in the Available document types list.
- To remove this scheme from a document type, double-click on a document type in the Selected document types list.
- Click the Save button.