Custom document metadata fields on transmittals
If you are the project owner, you can create a customized view of transmittal attachments. All users on your project will be able to select these views.
Setting up custom views
- Choose your project in the Project Selector at the top of the page.
- Click the Setup button on the Module Menu. Under Project, click Project Settings.
- Click the Other tab.
- Click Edit under Transmittal Attachment Views.
- Click Create Custom View.
- Enter a unique name for the view in the Name field.
- Select which columns you want to display in the view by using the right and left arrows and re-order them using the up and down arrow.
- Document No field will be selected by default. You can't remove this field from your selected list of fields.
- Click the Save button.
Deleting custom views
Note: You'll need to be a project owner to delete custom views.
Deleting views does not affect the project mails already sent with the view.
Using a custom view
Once a custom view has been set up, a user creating a transmittal will be able to select either the standard view (system default), or any other configured views via the Attachment dropdown.
Once the view is selected, the page will refresh to display the new document field configuration, and these fields will appear on the sent transmittal.
In the sent transmittal you can see the new scroll bar which prevents the attachment table consisting of 10 fields from stretching outside the mail margins.