Configuring Mail Type rules
Specify which mail types can be used for creating, replying or forwarding, and control which mail types can update a mail's status to complete a process.
- Click Mail Types.
- For the selected Mail Type you wish to edit, click Edit Rules.
For this example, we’ll edit the rules for Request for Information.
- Specify whether users on this project can create a mail (start a mail thread) of this mail type. This will be ticked by default.
- From here you can choose available mail types when replying to, and/or, forwarding this mail type.
Let’s choose Custom in the Reply with column to select mail types that can be used as a reply.
- Select mail types to be made available for replying and click on the >> arrow to move them across to the Selected column. Then click OK.
- The selected mail types will now appear in the Reply with: column. Now, only these mail types can be used to reply to a Request for Information.
By default they are set to Update Status, meaning they can all be used as a final response to complete the RFI process.
- To prevent a mail type from updating the status of a conversation (i.e. keep the conversation Outstanding), click the edit icon next to Updates Status.
- Select the mail types that should not update the status and click on the » arrow to move them across to the No column. Then click OK.
- Click Save to apply the rules.