Creating an auto-numbering system for your mail
Keep track of all your correspondence and improve ease of reporting using an auto-numbering system.
- From My Tasks go to Setup.
- In the dropdown menu select Preferences.
- On the Edit Preferences page navigate to Project.
- Scroll down, under the Project-wide settings go to the Mail subheading.
- Go to Use project mail auto-numbering scheme by default for new organizations.
- Be sure to uncheck the box under Use Default Setting.
In the drop-down menu, choose from one of four numbering systems:
- Mail type with Org prefix (e.g MAJ-RFI-00154)
- Send order only (e.g. 00154)
- Mail type (RFI)
- Recipient Org (ARK - 00154)
- Select Save to set your preference
- Under the Auto-number scheme heading, first change the Auto-number by Mail Type Organization Prefix. Usually this is the first three letters of your organization’s name.
- Now set the Document Auto-number Organization Code. Note, you may simply want to use your Mail Type Organization Prefix here again. You can use the Org prefix on both mail and documents when auto-numbering.
- When complete, select Save.