Check that all Document fields are correct
1. Click the Document Fields tab.
2. Check that all Document Fields are correct, as per your Project Configuration document.
Check for the following:
- Are the document fields labeled correctly?
- Are the correct document fields marked as mandatory?
- Have the correct document field types been used?
- Are the correct fields marked as searchable?
Some document fields must always be included on an Aconex project
Some document fields must be included on every project. These fields either:
- can't be edited
- allow you to make only minor changes.
While these fields must be included in your project, you can configure most so they are not mandatory for project participants to complete.
|Must be included on your project||Field type||Can you make changes be made to this field?|
|Document No||Document Number||No|
|Title||Text||You can choose whether this field is mandatory|
|Type||Select List (Single)||You can edit the list values|
|Status||Select List (Single)||You can choose whether this field is mandatory|
|File||File||You can choose whether this field is mandatory|
|Print Size||Text||You can choose whether this field is mandatory|
|Review Status||Select List (Single)||No|
|Date Uploaded||Date range||You can choose whether this field is mandatory|
|Uploaded by||Number||You can choose whether this field is mandatory|
Confidential is one of the mandatory document fields.
Some document fields do not have to be included on your project
Any fields marked in bold, and where the Use Field checkbox is available, do not have to be included on your project.
If you need to add another document field to your project
1. Determine what type of field you need to add.
|Select list (single)||A project participant can only select one value from this list.|
|Select list (multiple)||A project participant can select as many values from this list as they need to.|
|Text||The project participant can type any text into this field.|
If you need to change a document field label
You can change any document field that appears in bold.
- Click on the document field name to edit.
- Type the field label into the mandatory field. Mandatory fields are marked in yellow.
- If your project participants will be using Aconex in a language other than English considering translating the field.
- Click OK.
If you need to make a document field mandatory
In the mandatory column check the mandatory box next to the required document fields.
If you want to edit the help text
You can help the users on your project fill in the right information in a field by adding a tooltip. A tooltip is help text that appears when a project participant hovers their mouse over the field.
- Click Edit in the Tooltips column
- Type in the help text.
- If your project participants will be using Aconex in a language other than English you may want to translate the help fields.
- Click OK.
Check your changes
You can check how your changes will appear to project participants.
- Click the Preview button.
Save your changes
When you have confirmed that all document fields are correct for your project, and made any necessary changes, click Save in the top right hand corner.