Using Project Fields
- Click the +New Field button.
- The +New Field dialog will appear.
- Complete the parameters for your new field as required. You can choose to sort values in Single or Multi Select Lists, ensuring and users can easily pinpoint their selection(s).
Label is what will be shown in the mail form or field issue – choose a sensible, descriptive name to make sure you capture the information you need.
Edit Existing Project Fields
- Select Setup from the Module Menu, and choose Project Settings.
- Go to Project Fields tab - project fields in the library will be listed in this view.
Note that the number of characters you can use in the Text and Text Area fields is different.
- Text is a single line (non-expandable) field with a maximum of 60 characters.
- Text Area is an expandable field with a 4000 character limit.
- Click on the label of the Project Field you want to edit
- The Edit Field dialog will appear.
- You can edit any of the Project Field parameters such as Label, Select Options and Tooltip. You can also disable the field if it is no longer being used in the project.
Note: at the top of the Edit Field dialog you'll see a blue bordered section – this will outline what impact a change (or removal) of this project field will have on other parts of your project. In the image above, you can see that this particular project field is used in the "Client Advice" Mail Type and is also used in the Field application – a change will impact both.