Using Project Fields
- Click the +New Field button.
- The +New Field dialog will appear.
- Complete the parameters for your new field as required.
Label is what will be shown in the mail form or field issue – choose a sensible, descriptive name to make sure you capture the information you need.
Edit Existing Project Fields
- Select Setup from the Module Menu, and choose Project Settings.
- Go to Project Fields tab - project fields in the library will be listed in this view.
Note that the number of characters you can use in the Text and Text Area fields is different.
- Text is a single line (non-expandable) field with a maximum of 60 characters.
- Text Area is an expandable field with a 4000 character limit.
Note: at the top of the Edit Field dialog you'll see a blue bordered section – this will outline what impact a change (or removal) of this project field will have on other parts of your project. In the image above, you can see that this particular project field is used in the "Client Advice" Mail Type and is also used in the Field application – a change will impact both.