Using Workflows or Supplier Documents with your projects
Check and create Workflows Status Sets
A Project Owner has the option of using the standard set of review labels or they can create custom sets for use on different types of workflows.
Scroll to Workflow Status Sets.
This is where you see the default, standard set of review statuses, and where you control the review status labels that are available within your project’s workflows. You can also decide if you want to map review statuses to a document status on entry and completion of the workflow. To change the review statuses this project will use by default:
Click New Status Set.
- Give the status set a name.
- If you want to update documents’ statuses automatically at the start and end of the workflow, click on the checkbox to Automatically update the document status.
- If you completed Step C, you need to choose a document status that will automatically be given to a document when it starts going through a workflow. To do this, select an option from the Document Status on Entry selector.
- Enter up to six review status labels. The labels must be ordered so that the status that has the least influence on the review appears at the top of the list, and the one that has the greatest influence on it is at the bottom. The colors beside these labels are used to color-code your Aconex Workflows reports.
- If you completed Step C, you’ll need to select a document status to correspond to each review status label you’ve created. Choose these from the dropdown menus beside each review status label.
Click Save to save your new status set.
- The new set is now available to people with role settings that allow them to create Workflows templates on your project. But to make it the new default set, click on the dropdown next to the Default Set label and select your new set, then click Save at top-right of the page. All users who can create workflow templates will be able to use this project default.
Configure the Supplier Document Status Set
If your project uses the Supplier Documents module, you’ll need to complete the Supplier Document Status Set section.
This section lists all of the default Review Status labels. Simply check the box next to the status that you want to complete a Supplier Documents submission.
The latest set of labels will automatically be locked to any Supplier Documents packages that are activated.
Finishing this page
Complete the remaining sections of the page.
Click the Save button at the top right of the screen.
Double-check your work on this screen. Workflows won't work for your project participants unless all sections are completed.
Assign review sets to roles
Make sure the right people have access to the relevant review sets.
- Click the Mail/Documents Role Settings tab.
- Click on the name of the role you want to assign a review set to.
- Click the Review Status Sets tab.
- Either double-click on items in the Available Review Status Sets list to move them into the Selected Review Status Sets list, or click to select an Available status and click the right-pointing arrows to move it into the Selected list.
- Click OK to save the review sets to this role.
- Repeat this process for other roles as you need to.
Once you’ve completed this process, anyone on the project who needs to set up Workflows templates, and has the roles for which you’ve assigned certain review sets, will be able to choose from those sets when they set up a new template.