What are guest users?
When should you create a guest user account?
Guest user accounts are useful when your project is:
- involved in a tender process
- at an early start-up stage
- working with consultants, stakeholders or regulatory bodies who have short-term involvement.
What can a guest user do?
Guest users can:
- Receive project mail
- Receive transmittals
- Access file attachments sent to their email - if under 1MB they’ll arrive as an attachment, if over 1MB they’ll be supplied as links that don’t expire
- Reply to mail and transmittals (including tender/bid documents)
- Forward emails received to others, with links intact (just like a file attachment)
- Receive and view tender/bid documents
- View tender/bid addenda
- Initiate tender/bid RFIs.
What restrictions apply to guest users?
Guest users can’t:
- Log in to Aconex
- Start a project mails or transmittal except as part of the Tender/ Bid RFI process
- Access the project or global directory
- Access the audit trail.
Guest users send regular email outside of the Aconex platform, therefore standard email size restrictions apply. Aconex email servers adhere to a size limit of 10MB which means as a guest, you won't be able to send anything larger than 10MB. If you need to send larger files, you'll need a full user account where filesize is unrestricted.
How do you create a guest user account?
- Create a guest user account in your own organization.
- Create a guest user account in another organization.
You'll need the correct permissions in order to create a guest user account.
By default, the Org Admin, the Project Administrator and the Document Administrator can create a guest user. But your project may have been modified from the default settings. We've created a list of all the default settings for user roles.
Can guests become users?
How do you know if someone is a guest user?
Check the directory
If the user is a guest, you'll see an empty box, rather than the Aconex logo, next to their name in the Directory.
When you're sending the user a project mail
Their email address, instead of their name, is displayed.
We can't guarantee delivery to guest users
One last thing, when project mails are sent to guests, they're sent outside the Aconex platform. This means we can't guarantee their delivery. We do guarantee delivery for all project mail sent within the Aconex platform.