You are here
Welcome to 2018! This month we’ve made it easier to filter and sort your documents in Packages, navigate your Models and stay on top of your tasks in Field.
Note that items mentioned here may be released during this 30-day release cycle, rather than at its start. We also stagger the core release dates across the instances.
|AU1||January 14|||||US2||January 18|
|UK1||January 15|||||ALDAR||January 19|
|HK1||January 17|||||MEA||January 19|
|AU2||January 17|||||KSA||January 19|
|CN1||January 18|||||US1||January 21|
The recent upgrade by Firefox caused a few issues when composing a mail within the text area - we’ve fixed this. When pasting text from another source, we recommend that you use the keyboard keys: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste in plain text or CTRL+V to paste with formatting.
We’ve added some features to make finding Packages and documents much easier.
If you’re looking for a series of documents with a specific numbering scheme you can now easily sort your documents by title for example. All other columns like Status or Discipline are sortable as well. Also, if you want to add your Project Fields as a column in the Register you can do that too. You can add, remove and rearrange the columns as you like. Both of these updates are designed to reflect functionality you’re used to in the Document and Mail Registers and should make it much easier to find what you are looking for.
We’re currently redesigning the filtering inside the Package Register and will move the column based filters to a configurable filter panel. The core fields Package Title, Package Type, State and Updates Available will always be shown, and Administrators and Editors will be configurable. Through this change, you’ll even be able to filter for data that is not represented in the columns of your register. We will add more filters for the Project Fields soon.
- To send a Package, it was necessary to have 'Create Transmittal' and 'Send a Package' assets enabled. Some of you didn’t want to assign the 'Create Transmittal' to all project users: now you’ll only need the 'Send a Package' asset.
- Sending a Package on smaller screens (less than 600px) was not possible without reducing the zoom of your browser - we’ve added a scroll bar to fix this issue.
- Opening the properties of documents without a title was not working in Packages. We are now using the logic used in the Document Register, displaying "-" as the Document Title.
- Finally, we fixed the filtering functionality for Mail Status – now you can easily filter all open mails and quickly close them out.
We’ve updated the navigation features in the model viewer. When looking at model you can now quickly navigate to standard camera views: front, back, left, right, top and bottom, and reset to your initial view.
We’ve made some improvements so that you can now search inspections by Title in the web browser, and introduced some new features to help you stay on top of your tasks in Field.
If you’re using Field in a web browser, you’ll now receive notifications if you have any outstanding actions to perform and you’ll receive a daily email containing any issues that have been created and assigned to your organization that day.
We’ve also fixed some bugs that have reduced discrepancies across Reports and Issues/Inspection lists that required manual fixes. This process is now largely automated.
We’ve fixed a bug that was causing "Due In" date and the "Modified Due Date" to appear to be off by one day.
The new Organization Disclaimer preference gives Organization Administrators a way to add disclaimer text for their organization. This disclaimer content will be visible in the organization’s stamp and will also work with the Dynamic Stamps feature we’ll be releasing in the upcoming weeks.
And finally, just a few minor bug fixes this month:
- When there are more than 50 steps in a review, the viewer was showing the error "Cannot connect to the network". We’ve fixed this.
- Special characters in a document were causing the right-hand panel in the viewer to display blank, with no review step details. The Save/Submit buttons were also missing. This issue has also been fixed.
We're pleased to hear that.
Your feedback helps us improve Support Central.