You are here
This month we’ve been busy working on platform upgrades and features to maintain our world-leading security credentials. In line with this, in 18.7 you will notice the log-in prompts are changing if you enter the wrong username and password. We’re updating app icons and branding in our mobile apps, adding the ability to drag and drop files into documents, cost impacts and Mail integration in Cost and new collaboration tools in Packages. Read on for the details of what’s new in release 18.7.
Note that items mentioned here may be released during the release cycle.
|AU1||September 16|||||US2||September 6|
|UK1||September 17|||||ALDAR||September 7|
|HK1||September 5|||||MEA||September 7|
|AU2||September 5|||||KSA||September 7|
|CN1||September 6|||||US1||September 9|
Logging in and Password reset changes
Behind the scenes we’ve done some work that ensures your accounts are more secure. As a result, there’s a few changes to the messages you’ll see if you enter the wrong login information or need to reset your password in Aconex.
• First of all, Aconex will let you know that your login name or password is incorrect and ask you to check if caps lock is on.
• Then if you try a few more times without success, you’ll need to reset your password.
• In the past if you attempted to log in too many times your account would be locked and Aconex would display this on screen.
• As part of the security update the system will no longer do this, rather an email will be sent to the email address associated with the account – but this won’t happen in this release, so for a while you won’t see in the app whether or not your account is locked.
Usually if you’ve forgotten your registered username, password and email you’ll need to get in touch with your Organization Administrator to reset your account. If you don’t know who your Org Admin is, you can get in touch with us and we’ll tell you who they are - they are the only ones who can reset your username or password if you forget them.
Drag and Drop in Documents
We’ve added the ability to drag and drop files into the upload and supersede screens. This makes it easier to add documents and drawings to the register.
“Old” Mail search is retiring
We introduced a ‘new’ Mail search tool in November 2015 and since then users have been making the switch. In release 18.7, we’ll be completely removing the ‘old’ Mail search, which means anyone still using the ‘old’ search tool will automatically be switched over to the ‘new’ search tool.
Read the ‘Search for project mail with Aconex’s Mail search’ article for more information on Mail search.
Share Attachments with other organizations
Now you can share attachments in your packages with other organizations. Select as many attachments as you like from the table, click on 'Share' and all those attachments will be visible to whomever has access to the package.
If you need to revert that action, you can just select those attachments again and click on 'Unshare'. The attachments will then only be visible to your organization again. "Sharing" and "Unsharing" events are also tracked in the Packages Event Log.
Create Packages in Bulk
Instead of having to create packages one-by-one, you can now easily create hundreds or even thousands of packages at once by using the "Create packages in bulk" functionality. This feature will allow you to download a template, which you'll have to fill out and import back into the system:
- Go to the Package Register and click on the "Create Packages in Bulk" button, which can be found in the dropdown next to "Create New Package".
- Download a template based on the package type you'd like to create packages from.
- Fill out the template in Excel by creating a single line for each package you'd like to create.
- Save the template and upload it back into the system.
- If you forget to fill out mandatory information, data is incorrect or the package number already exists, the system will tell you.
Filter the Package Register by Project Fields
In the Package Register filter panel you can now add project fields used by package types as a filter. This helps you find the package you're looking for more easily. To add a project field as a filter, click on "More filters" and just select the ones you'd like to add to the filter panel.
Selected project fields will be shown in the filter space below the standard filters.
We’ve also added the ability to hide or collapse additional filters in order to give more control over your work space. Keep in mind, additional filters you configure will be kept during your work session. When you login next time, you'll find the default filter panel.
Delete attachment event is captured in the Package Event Log
For package types you can add and remove attachments (if they are enabled). In the attachments table you’ll be able to see which user has added the attachment and at what time. Now, you can also track who and when attachments have been deleted. You'll find this event in the Package Event Log.
Recipients column for Transmittal History
In the Package Transmittal history you’ll find the recipients of the transmittal to the table. Just as a reminder, you'll find this table by adding the "Transmitted" column via the 'Add/Remove Columns' functionality in the Packages Register.
In case the latest version of a package in your Package Register has been transmitted, you'll see a blue checkmark in the "Transmitted" column. By clicking this column, you'll see the table with all transmittals for this specific package.
- Besides storing your applied filters in the Package Register, the Saved Search now stores the configured columns as well.
- You can now edit a package, even if the options for a 'single-select' project field have been changed or deleted.
- The Saved Search is now saving the correct order of the columns in the Package Register.
- Add/Remove Columns modal window is no longer showing the wrong columns in case you are applying a saved search after changing your column configuration.
- We also fixed the Export to Excel button, which was still clickable, even though it was grayed out.
- And last but not least, translations for a "Yes/No" type of project field are now correctly shown in the Package Register, as well as in the package itself.
Advanced Change Management
“Change impact review” is now available to all users. This feature integrates with Aconex Mail and gives you the ability to mark mail as having a cost impact. You can also associate mail with Change Events, plus there’s a dedicated page where you can search, link and add Change Events to mail as well.
Project Currencies are now created automatically if they were missing when a contract was shared. You can now edit the status of a contract change (variation) or payment application (progress claim) directly from their grids. Additional modifications have also been made to support drafts and versions, getting Cost closer to full integration with Mail.
We’ve also made a few more improvements and updates this month:
• All Cost grids received design and style updates this month and some grids now provide the ability to provide in-app feedback.
• An issue with saving work days in org-wide calendars was resolved
• There have been some API enhancements for batch setup/updating of Cost Worksheet/ Control Elements.
• Changing budget amount and % complete in Earned Value has also been fine-tuned.
In Field we’ve added the ability to filter issues assigned to one or more individuals within your organization, or one or more organizations added to your project. This makes it even easier to narrow down your search when used in conjunction with the other existing issue filter options.
Web Services API
If you’re a developer and you want to access the “Project Code” via our API, you can now do so as part of the “Project List” API response.
We're pleased to hear that.
Your feedback helps us improve Support Central.