You are here
- Save time with greater control to edit what the Org Admin role can and can’t do
- Better collaboration over issues with higher quality images accepted in the Field web interface
- Collaborate fully in Oracle Aconex Mobile - Models now available
Note that some of the items mentioned here will be released during the 30-day release cycle, rather than at its start.
Save time with greater control to edit what the Org Admin role can and can’t do
Org Admins can now directly edit the majority of secured assets assigned to Org Admin roles, without contacting Service Desk. Previously, Org Admins could not edit any of the assets assigned to the Org Admin role, now all assets except those in the Administration block, can be edited. Only the specific ‘Administration’ group of assets remain locked down.
Improvements have been made to fields and modals in support of new Change Management features. This includes setting options and behavior modification in the Edit Change Event modal to synch with the Add Change Event Wizard.
Change Events – Modal Design and Defaults
Default behavior has been modified for all Change Event modals. The edit Change Event modal has been updated to synch with the Add Change Event Wizard with different setting options and behavior. For example: in the Edit Change Event Items Modal, instead of selecting the impact via a radio button, impacts will be determined by modal selections and field value inputs.
- When values are entered in the Budget Change field, Budget Impact is set to "Budget Change"
- Cost Impact is set to "ETC Change" if "No Contract Impacted" selected for the Downstream Contract field
- Cost Impact is set to "Contract Change" if an existing contract is selected for the Downstream Contract field
Add Change Event Item Modal – Additional Field
You can now access the Pay Item Name field in the Add Change Event Item modal when adding a new pay item. Previously, the name field was populated by default when creating items via the modal. If your preference was something other than the default, you would have to modify the Pay Item Name field by editing the change event item after it was initially created.
Better collaboration over issues with higher quality images accepted in the Field web interface
If you're a desktop user, you can now attach larger-size photos to issues and inspections using the web interface, providing more flexibility with photo size and dimensions. This is particularly useful if you've captured photos on site using your mobile phone or digital camera, and want to upload them when you're back in the office.
Note the maximum allowable size limit ranges between 10 and 14 megabytes, based on a combination of both the photo size and its dimensions. For example, it will support attaching a 12 megabyte photo with a dimension of 4000 x 3500 pixels photo.
More settings for Mail that give Project Admins greater control
Following from Release 20.3 where users were able to prevent out-of-office emails from updating a mail's status, Project Admins can now configure this at the mail process level.
There's a new external API that allows draft mails to be deleted as part of this release.
Fixes and enhancements
- Fixed a bug that prevented users names displayed in Russian text added as a mail approver.
Collaborate fully in Oracle Aconex Mobile - Models now available
You can now access models on Oracle Aconex Mobile, helping you work more flexibly. Enable collaboration by connecting teams, models, and project data on a single online platform.
New features include:
- View a single model or federate multiple models for a complete picture
- Access to the latest version of project models every time (with a functioning internet connection)
- Zoom, pan and rotate to navigate quickly, or switch to walkthrough mode for a deeper navigation experience
- Use Model Sectioning to isolate an area and quickly navigate to a location
- Select an object and view the project documents that have been linked to it
- Select an object within the model and interrogate all available properties
- Save your project models for offline access. Version syncing occurs when connectivity is restored
Oracle Aconex Mobile to replace Aconex Connected BIM mobile and Aconex Field mobile apps at end of May 2020
The Aconex Connected BIM mobile and Aconex Field mobile apps are retiring and will be removed from the app store at the end of May 2020. We're replacing them with the Oracle Aconex Mobile which you can use to access Models and Field on your mobile devices.
If you've already got the existing applications installed on your device, they won’t be affected for now. Once removed from the app store, if you uninstall it or require access from a new device, you'll need to download the new Oracle Aconex Mobile.
You're still able to use the new app alongside your existing Connected BIM mobile and Aconex Field mobile apps as you get used to the new format, however one month after removal from the app store, both Aconex Connected BIM mobile and Aconex Field mobile will be disabled and will no longer work – you’ll need to use the new Oracle Aconex Mobile.
From the end of June, both Connected BIM mobile and Aconex Field mobile applications will be disabled and will no longer work.
We’ll send you a reminder closer to the time, but we recommend switching to the new application.
Read more information about Oracle Aconex Mobile.
Import BCF Design Issues to reduce the time it takes to view and respond during coordination
Consultants and design teams can now manage Design Issues across authoring and analysis tools by importing BCF files into Model Coordination.
Design Issues can be imported and updated with confidence, using the enhanced error checking and validation features. This ensures the correct distribution of Design Issues, saving time during coordination.
Fixes and enhancements
- In the Issues page, the 'Add Mail' menu item has been removed from the tools menu. Add Mail can be accessed by going to the Issue details panel and clicking on the related process icon, or scrolling to the Related processes section.
- Design issues Global Unique Identifier (GUID) is now exported to Excel when exporting design issues.
Release dates schedule
The release dates for this cycle will be deployed as per schedule. Note this information is accurate at the time of publishing and is subject to change without notice.
|HK 1: 5-May||AU 2: 6-May||CN 1: 6-May||US 2: 6-May||ALD: 8-May|
|KSA 1: 8-May||MEA 1: 8-May||AU 1: 10-May||UK 1: 11-May||US 1: 27-Jun|
AU2 will continue to use Organization Reports and will not receive the new 'Reports' functionality.