You are here
Release 20.07.100 - Part 1
This month’s release has been split into two parts. Read Part 2.
- New Drawings tab in the Document Register to give you a fast and focused view of the latest, approved-for-construction drawings
- Improved the new Document Search, based on your feedback, to make it easier than ever before.
Note that some of the items mentioned here will be released during the 30-day release cycle, rather than at its start.
Drawing your attention to the most important ‘current set’ of drawings
This can be easily viewed on both web and mobile apps - you can scroll through thumbnails to help find what you’re looking for. No more manual search filters for this information. Note that this replaces the predefined filters in Drawings in Mobile.
The Project Admin from the Aconex project-owning organization can further define what drawings will be displayed in Drawings tab – see below for more detail.
Web app view
Mobile app view
Project Admins (from the Aconex Project Owning Org) – define the most important information or current set of drawings for your project
Project Settings - Default Definition for Drawings
*Note this Drawings release is not supported for the Aconex AU2 and US2 instances.
Powerful Document Search. Powerful results.
We’ve improved the new Document Search, based on your feedback, to make it easier than ever before to search for documents. Remember to opt-in if you haven’t tried the new Document Search.
- The ‘Created by’ field has been updated from being a free text field to a predictive single select drop down list - start typing and suggestions will unfold
- Loading times for search results have improved
1. All columns are shown with a new default width to improve presentation
2. When adjusting the width of a column, it no longer shrinks the size of the adjacent column
3. Column width set by you is remembered by the system, so you don’t have to keep resizing
- Plus we’ve improved the presentation of how the search looks when you attach files in Tasks, Workflows and Supplier Docs.
When you Export to Excel, extra columns will now be included, if you’ve added them to your Document Register view
Ever added a column to your Document Register view, but found it doesn’t show in your Export to Excel report? We’ve added some additional key columns that will now export to Excel, should you include them in your Document Register view.
- Related Items: Shows all Related Items for each document. Information includes Relationship Type, Document Version and Document Number
- Packages: Shows the Package Number for every Package that contains each document in the export
- Transmitted: Indicates whether or not documents have been transmitted
- Lock: Indicates whether or not documents are locked. Also includes reason for lock e.g. Workflow.
We've introduced the following services to the Documents API, which are necessary changes for the new features in the Documents module.
- List Drawings
- Current Set Definition.
Fixes and enhancements
Fixed a couple of minor UI bugs that occurred when editing mail distribution rules
1. Whilst editing some of the intended recipients, other recipients appeared to be removed (although this wasn't the case when the rule was saved)
2. Whilst editing an operator (e.g. "is one of"), the available values of a custom select list field did not display as expected
- The confidential column now displays the same on-screen information in the Excel exports.
- Downloading a file from the Properties tab in the Document properties page has been changed from a file icon click to a Download File button
- New Download with Markup Summary button appears in the Properties tab page if the file has been reviewed in the Viewer
- Translation has been included in the download summary sheet for all languages except Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Arabic and Traditional Chinese.
If you can’t see the latest fixes and enhancements, please refresh your browser cache. Read more on requirements.
Release dates schedule
The release dates for this cycle will be deployed as per schedule. Note this information is accurate at the time of publishing and is subject to change without notice.
|HK 1: 15-Jul||AU 2: 16-Jul||CN 1: 16-Jul||US 2: 16-Jul||ALD: 17-Jul|
|KSA 1: 17-Jul||MEA 1: 17-Jul||AU 1: 19-Jul||UK 1: 20-Jul||US 1: 25-Jul|