You are here
Release 20.07.100 - Part 2
This month’s release has been split into two parts. Read Part 1.
- Attach important files like documents, drawings and specifications to an inspection using the Field web app
- High-resolution photos and metadata now included in PDF inspection reports.
Note that some of the items mentioned here will be released during the 30-day release cycle, rather than at its start.
Helping colleagues in the field with inspections
Using the Field web app, you can now use the Attachments tab to attach important files like documents, drawings and specifications to an inspection. Inspectors will have fast and easy access to view them on-site during an inspection. Previously, Inspectors would have had to search for these files, wasting precious time on site.
Note: this release supports attaching files from the Field web interface, to be viewed in the Mobile app. You must be an Inspector or above to add attachments.
- Files can be attached to both checklist and PDF form Inspections using the web app
- Files are viewed on the Mobile app through the new Attachments button (clip icon).
Web app view
Mobile app view
In good form. Enable inspectors to give you the information you need.
- Project Admins can make use of free text and text area fields in their issue types. This gives inspectors greater freedom to add useful information which may not be defined by drop-down lists for example
- To help inspectors report issues correctly, Project Admins can use the tool-tip on one or all project fields on the issues forms to indicate required or preferred information for each field.
Don’t miss a thing. High-resolution photos and metadata now included in PDF reports.
Get a clear view of inspection results with high-resolution photos and associated metadata, plus a new layout in the PDF inspection report.
Note: If there are more than 100 photos, they will be exported in low resolution.
Better history on issues. Comments now included when exporting issue list.
View all comments between involved parties in one place. You now have the option to export all issue comments, or just the ones in the active thread, when exporting the issue list (PDF and Excel) using the web app.
Teams can now access Design Issues directly in Navisworks Simulate
The Model Coordination plugin has added support for Navisworks Simulate. Projects running Navisworks Simulate can now access the benefits of the integrated coordination process, getting access to view and update the latest Design Issues through the plugin.
Fixes and enhancements
- Performance improvement: the plugin publishing time to update Design Issues to Aconex has been reduced by half.
Specify your approvers for Contract, Contract Changes and Change Events
- The Approval process for Contract, Contract Changes and Change Events now requires Execute permission. Users without the Execute permission will not be able to Approve or move a record from Approved to a different status
- For all existing users, anyone who had ‘update’ permission will now have ‘execute’. Cost Admins can change this by updating security profiles
- We tidied up the Execute permission checkbox - it’s been disabled in any irrelevant areas to reduce unintended errors.
A new look for Change Events
The Add Existing Contract Change Pay Items screen has been redesigned. You’ll notice this when you’re adding contract change items.
We also added auto-numbering when you’re adding change event items to an existing contract change. Auto-numbering will default to 0001 unless you have existing items, in which case it will suggest the next logical code. You can always edit the code.
Navigation – Cost workspace menu
The shared workspace menu is no longer dependent on the projects having been enabled for Cost. Meaning, the workspace menu will be displayed for a user if they have been given shared workspace access to any organization. If the selected project has not been enabled for Cost, the user will be presented with an error page allowing them to select a different organization for project access.
Fixes and enhancements
- Draft Payment Application Exports now include Configured Fields
- Administration > Cost Users - Projects tab now loads faster
- Bulk PUT API for Time Phased Data allows users to send up to 1,000 entries in one batch request
- PATCH requests for Contracts allows users to send updates for single fields within contracts instead of sending the entire contract information
- Tags are now included in Schedule Activities Export.
Release dates schedule
The release dates for this cycle will be deployed as per schedule. Note this information is accurate at the time of publishing and is subject to change without notice.
|HK 1: 15-Jul||AU 2: 16-Jul||CN 1: 16-Jul||US 2: 16-Jul||ALD: 17-Jul|
|KSA 1: 17-Jul||MEA 1: 17-Jul||AU 1: 19-Jul||UK 1: 20-Jul||US 1: 25-Jul|