Get started with custom reports
Add a new Custom Report
- From the menu, select Insights > Reports.
- Click the Add Report on the top left of the screen.
- Follow the three steps to create your custom report.
Add button not visible? You’ll need to ask your Organization Administrator to grant you the required access permission. As a minimum, you’ll need the security asset 4. Create new private reports granted to your user role.
- 3. Create private report layouts - add layouts to existing reports (cannot create new reports).
- 4. Create new private reports - create new reports and layouts for yourself only (cannot be shared).
- 5. Create Project Org reports - create new reports and layouts and share with users from your organization.
- 6. Create Project reports - create new reports and layouts and share with all users from all organizations.
Create your report in three steps
Step 1. Create a Data Model to select the data points for the report, such as subject areas, attributes, and filters.
Step 2. Create a Report Layout to design your report using either the:
Online Layout Editor – recommended for most users.
Offline Template Builder – for advanced users (requires plugin)
Step 3. View and Share your report. Newly created reports will be listed under the Custom tab of the report listing page and shared with ‘Private’ by default. Private reports are only visible to the user who created them. Use the Share option to share the reports with other users based on your access permissions. You can also edit the data model or layout as needed to refine your report.
The offline Template Builder requires the Oracle BI Publisher plugin to be installed on your computer. It supports Microsoft Office for Windows computers only. If you are unable to use the plugin, you’ll need to use the online editor to design your layout.