Get started with printable reports
View Printable Reports Listing
- From the navigation menu click Setup, then select Printable Reports.
Printable Reports not visible? You’ll need to ask your Organization Administrator to grant you the required access permission. As a minimum, you’ll need the security asset ‘View reports/create private report layouts’ granted to your user role. You’ll also need permission to access the appropriate Aconex module (for example Cost).
- You’ll see a listing of the out of the box (predefined) printable reports available to you. Any reports you’ve created are also shown here.
The listing displays:
- Report name
- Subject area
- Shared with – Private, Project Org. and Project. This field is blank for predefined reports.
- Modified by – name of the user who last modified the report. Predefined reports will display as System.
- Date modified – this field is blank for predefined reports.
Use the subject area filter and search box to filter the list. Tick ‘system created’ only to only display predefined reports.
No reports to display? You will only see reports you have access to the main subject area (or Aconex Module) used in that report. As an example, if you do not have access to Cost, you will not see any cost reports.
Add a new Printable Report
- Click the Add button on the top left of the screen.
- After clicking Add, you’ll need to follow the three steps below to create your report.
Add button not visible? You’ll need to ask your Organization Administrator to grant you the required access permission. As a minimum, you’ll need the security asset Create new private reports granted to your user role.
Step 1. Create a Data Model to select the data points for the report, such as subject areas, attributes, and filters.
Step 2. Create a Report Layout to design your report using either the:
Online Layout Editor – recommended for most users.
Offline Template Builder – for advanced users.
Requires the Oracle BI Publisher plugin to be installed on your computer.
(Microsoft Office for Windows computers only).
Step 3. View and Share your report. Newly created printable reports will be shared with ‘Private’ by default. Private reports are only visible to the user who created them. Use the Share option to share the reports with other users based on your access permissions. You can also edit the data model or layout as needed to refine your report.