Layout components in the offline template builder
Layout Components in the Offline Template Builder
The Offline Template Builder contains all the same elements as the online editor, available from the Insert panel. Standard word elements such as text, formatting, and images can also be used.
- First position the cursor in the Word document where you want to insert the Chart.
- From the Insert menu click Chart.
- Drag and drop data fields from the left tree structure into the indicated sections for Labels, Values, and Series.
- Select the required chart Type (such as pie, bar, graph) from the drop-down list.
- Click Preview to view how the chart will look with sample data. The preview will load in the center of the chart dialog.
- The properties pane on the right-hand side allows you to format the chart such as add legend, data labels, background color, font.
- Aggregations such as sum, average, minimum, maximum can be chosen for the selected data field.
- Click OK to insert the created chart into the RTF template.
- The Template Builder will insert a placeholder image for the chart. Resize the placeholder image to adjust the size of the chart as required.
BI Publisher does not support native Microsoft Word charts. You need to create charts using the Template Builder only.
- Select Pivot Table from the Insert menu.
- Drag and drop data fields from the left, to set the rows and columns of the pivot table.
- Drop column fields into the top horizontal bar and row fields into the vertical bar inside the Layout pane.
- Use the Properties pane on the right to format and sort the pivot table.
- Row and Column totals can also be enabled in the Properties pane. Toggle this by setting Row Total or Column Total to either True or False.
What other features are available in the BI Publisher Template Builder?
In addition to the Tables, Pivot Tables, Conditional formatting, and Charts, the following features are available:
|Field||Allows you to select fields from your data source and insert them into your template.|
|Table/Form||Insert data fields to be organized as a simple or nested table or as a form that is repeated with different data. Organize data fields for the whole document before inserting them.|
|Repeating Group||Select or define a group of elements to be repeated for each occurrence of an element in the data.|
|Conditional Region||Insert a conditional statement around a region of the template. A conditional region is an area that is surrounded by a conditional statement. If the statement tests true, the area is displayed in the report; if the condition tests false, the area is hidden from the report.|
|All Fields||Inserts all fields found in the XML data into your document. It will also insert processing instructions into your document that will repeat a section, such as a table row when the associated XML element is repeated. (When you are working on a deeply nested hierarchy of elements, it is better to insert elements separately, instead of inserting all fields)|