View, share and manage custom reports
Custom Report options
- From the menu select Insights > Reports.
- Click the Custom tab which lists saved and newly created reports.
- Hover over a report name until you see the ellipsis menu (three dots) appear.
- Click the ellipsis menu and the following options will appear for the selected report:
- View Report: Run this report. Learn more.
- View History: Show the previous ten activities (downloads and run history) of this report. Learn more.
- Edit Properties: Update the report name and description.
- Add/Edit Layout: Create or Modify a Layout for this report. Learn more.
- Edit Data Model: Edit the Data Model for this report. Learn more.
- Export to XML: Export the report Data Model to XML for creating layouts offline using the plugin. Learn more.
- Import Layout: Import a layout (RTF file) created offline using the BI Publisher Template Builder plugin.
- Delete Report: Delete this report.
The options you see for each report are based on the report type and your access permissions. You may not see all options on every report.
View a Custom Report
Click on the report name or select View Report from ellipsis menu. The report will load and you can select the desired layout from the Layout Selector. If you selected Prompt at Run when defining your filters you’ll also be able to adjust them here from the left panel.
Large reports may take some time to load. After 30 seconds you’ll be given the option to wait or go back to the report listing page while your report generates in the background. Once the report is ready you can view it from the Report Run History panel.
Share a Custom Report
Share the reports you created with users in your or other organizations working on the same project. Only the Data Model and Layouts can be shared with other organizations. The actual data they see depends on what information they have been given access to on the project. See Who can see my Mail and Documents?
- Hover over a report and from the ellipsis menu, click Share.
- You will see share options based on your access permissions. Select from the following options:
- Private: The report is viewable only to the user who created the report on this project. New reports are Private by default. Requires minimum access permission to Create New Private reports.
- Project Org: The report is viewable by all users in your organization on this project. Requires permission to Create Project Org. reports. The report can be edited and managed by users in your organization who have minimum permission to Create Project Org. reports.
- Project: The report is viewable by all users in all organizations on this project. Requires permission to Create Project reports. Only the user who created the report can edit and manage it.
- Click Save and you’ll see a confirmation message.
Want to edit or share a standard report, or a report shared with you by other users? No problem. Open the report and click Save As to save a copy of the report. You can then edit and share the copy with others (based on your access permissions).
Save a copy of a report
Save a copy of a report which you can edit later. This allows you to create slightly different report layouts to display your data in different ways.
- Click on the report you wish to copy.
- Select the layout to copy, and click Save As.
- Enter a name, description and share option for the new report.
- Click Save.
Export a Custom Report
- Click on the report name or select View Report from dropdown menu.
- Once the report has loaded select the desired layout from the Layout Selector.
- Click Export As and choose a format to export the report.
Exporting to CSV will export the entire data set defined in your Data Model, including filters. However, any filters set in your Layout will be ignored. Follow the steps below to export a layout to CSV.
Export as CSV
Follow these steps to enable CSV exporting for a report layout.
- Hover over the report and from the ellipsis menu, click Add/Edit Layout.
- From the layout listing page click View a list.
- Tick Data (CSV).
- Click Save.
This will enable CSV exporting for the selected layout only. You'll need to repeat these steps for any other layouts you want to export to CSV.
Avoid changing any other options here, as doing so may result in errors with your report.