View issues in Field
To find issues that have been logged:
- Select Field > Issues from the navigation menu.
- Click Close to see the issues for all locations, or select one of the areas listed in the drop-down list to filter issues to a specific location.
- Drill down to more specific locations or select close to confirm the selection.
You can refine your list of issues using the filters that display to the left of the Issues list:
- Status – choose any of the Open, Work Done, Ready to Inspect, In dispute or Closed statuses.
- Issue type – choose from all the types of issues logged for this location.
- Extra Details – click the Extra Details link to filter issues on values associated with one or more project fields. The project fields listed will be fields of type Single Select that have been associated with one or more Field Issue types.
- Assignee – choose one or more people or organizations assigned to complete work.
- Source – choose Inspections to see issues that have been raised via inspections. More source options are upcoming.
- Due – select to see issues due within a certain timeframe.
- Created on – choose or enter the appropriate date/time range.
- Captured by – choose to see issues captured by certain colleagues.
Your selection automatically filters your issues list.
Choose one or more individuals within your organization, or one or more organizations in your project, to filter issues by assignee. You can also select the option to filter issues assigned to yourself, your organization or all unassigned issues.
Searching for issues
- Click inside the search box at the top left of the page.
- Enter an issue ID number, or a keyword associated with the issue.
- Click the Search button.
Sorting can help you quickly find issues for review, whether you’re looking by location, assigned name or capture date. To sort issues:
- Click on Sort By, on the top-right corner of the issues list.
Make a selection from the dropdown menu:
- Location sorts issues by location in ascending order.
- Assigned to sorts issues by assigned name, from A to Z.
- Created on sorts issues by the date on which they were created, with the most recent first.
- Issue type sorts issues by type.
- Selecting one of these options will automatically sort the issues list for you.
You can use the filters on the left of the page to refine the sorted list further. See Filter issues for more information. Sorting issues is a good way to prepare the information before exporting it to PDF, Excel or CSV files as reports. See exporting issues to PDF and CSV for more information.
Grouping issues can make it easier to view all the issues relating to a specific group, whether that group belongs to a certain location, or contains certain people.
To group issues:
- Click on Group By.
Choose a selection from the dropdown menu:
- Location groups all issues relevant to a specific location, such as a room.
- Assigned to groups all issues that have been assigned to a specific person or company.
- Issue type groups the issues by type.
- None removes all groupings.
- Selecting one of these options will automatically group the list of issues for you.
You can use the filters on the left of the page to refine the sorted list further. See Filter issues for more information.
Understanding issue status
All issues have a Status label that shows whether they are active, ready for further action, or closed.
The status labels are:
- Open – the issue is active and requires resolution from the person it's assigned to.
- Work done – the issue has been worked on by the Assignee.
- Ready to inspect – the issue has been worked on and requires approval from the Inspector.
- In dispute – the Assignee and Inspector need to discuss the accuracy of the issue or review.
- Closed – the issue has been resolved and approved by the Inspector.
Get a summarized view of outstanding and completed items for a specified area/location. Each color represents an issue status and updates as you apply filters to the list of issues.
Click on the bar to view totals for each status. This includes:
- Ready to inspect
- Work done
- In dispute
The summary bar is included when you export your issues to PDF.