Adding a checklist template to your project
- Log into Aconex.
- Open the Field module and click Settings.
If you can’t see Settings, it means you don’t have Field administrator rights. Speak to your Organization Administrator for more information.
- Under Inspections in the left-hand panel, select Templates to see a list of all the templates currently available to your project.
Click Add Templates and select Checklist.
Enter a title for the template in the Title field.
In the Description field, enter any information you'd like inspectors to know when they use this template.
Choose a category for your template from the Category drop-down menu.
To add items to the template, enter the item question in the text field at the bottom of the page, then select a Response Type by clicking Select Type.
- Choose the Response Type or the new item and click Add. You can choose from:
- Text (256 character limit)
- Text Area (5000 character limit)
- Single Select (120 character limit, this can only be configured as a single-select currently)
- Signature. The signatory has to provide their first and last name and can then add their signature. Aconex records the date and time they signed the inspection. Signature details are also recorded in the Excel and PDF exports. To capture multiple signatures, add multiple signature responses to the checklist template.
If you want to structure your template into sections, then add a group heading into the text field first and select the Group response type.
Click Save to save your new template.
If you want to make it available to inspectors then click Publish. They will see the new template when they next log into the Field app.