Adding and editing areas in your Field project
- Select Areas under General Settings. This will display the areas that are currently available in your project.
- Find the area that you want to add sub-areas to. Click on the arrow icon to expand or contract the areas of your project. This example shows that after clicking on Area 01 (Res), we can see the Basement and its sub-areas.
Adding an area to your project
To add areas to your project, first ensure the project hierarchy has been created in Aconex Field. Then:
- Select the relevant area.
- Click on Add Areas.
- Under Add Areas, type the name of the new sub-area.
- Press Enter or click the Add button.
An alternative way to add new areas to your project is to paste in a prepared list of the new areas.
- Continue to add other areas to the selected location. To remove an area from the list, click on the cross icon next to it.
- Once you're finished adding and deleting areas, click the Save button.
- Made an error you don't want to save? Click the Cancel button, and start again.
Editing areas in your project
- Click on the name of the area you want to edit.
- Make your changes to the area.
- Select OK or press Enter to save your changes, or click Cancel to abandon the changes if you've made an error.
Deleting areas from your project
An area can only be removed from a project if there are no issues raised against it or its sub-areas.
- Find the area that you want to delete.
- Select the relevant area and click the Delete button.
If you delete an area, you'll automatically delete its sub-areas, too.