Adding and editing issue types in Field
The Issue type table showing the:
- Issue type name
- Edit fields link
- Delete button
- Add an issue type field.
Adding an issue type
- Click on Field/Settings.
- Select Issue Types under Field Directory/Settings.
- Enter a name in the Add an issue type field. You can use a maximum of 25 characters.
- Click Add or press Enter to save your changes. The new issue type is added to the list in alphabetical order and appears in the Issue type drop down list when inspectors want to create a new issue.
Editing and deleting an issue type
You can edit issue types and give them new names, or delete them altogether if you don't want inspectors to use them.
- Start by opening Field/Settings/Issue Types.
- Next select the one you want to edit in the Issue types table. This opens an editable field containing the issue's name.
- Edit this as required, then click OK to save it.
To delete it, click the X at the end of the row.
The Defect issue type is the system Issue Type that is available by default. You can edit Defect and give it a new name, or delete it altogether if you don't want to use it. This is handy where you have issues that aren’t defects.