Add other organizations to your Field project
- Log in to Aconex and navigate to Field > Settings.
Click Organizations you work with in the left-hand menu to see a list of the external organizations that have been invited to your project.
- Click the Add Organization button on the right.
- You'll see the Add an organization window.
- Click the arrow to display the dropdown menu, then scroll and search for the organization's name in the dropdown list. Or type the first few letters of the organization's name in the field, and select from the list of suggestions that displays.
- Next, set permissions for the organization. Select:
- Assign/Issues – if you want to allow your inspectors to assign Issues to this organization.
- Share/Issues – if you want to allow this organization to view all Issues captured by your organization.
- Share/Inspections– if you want to allow this organization to view all Inspections captured by your organization.
In the Add a contact box, type the first few letters of your main contact’s name. They'll appear in a suggestion list. Click on their name to add it to the Key contacts list. If you’re not sure of the contact's name click in the Add a contact field and press the space bar to see a list of all the names available for this organization.
If you are a Project Administrator for this project in Field, you are also able to assign roles (such as Inspector Admin) to users in other organizations.
Repeat the process to add more names, or to remove a contact, click on the X next to the contact’s name. At any time during the project lifecycle, you’re able to add and remove key contacts, even after the organizations have been added.
- Click Save to save these details to the organization.
You'll see the updated Organizations you work with list, which includes the organization you just added.