Add other organizations to your Field project
- Log in to Field Manager and navigate to Field/Settings.
Click Organizations you work with in the left-hand menu to see a list of the external organizations that have been invited to your project.
- Click the Add Organization button on the right.
- You'll see the Add an organization window.
- Click the arrow to display the dropdown menu, then scroll and search for the organization's name in the dropdown list. Or type the first few letters of the organization's name in the field, and select the right organization from the list of suggestions that displays.
- Next, set permissions for the organization. Select:
- Assign/Issues – if you want to allow your inspectors to assign Issues to this organization.
- Share/Issues – if you want to allow this organization to have read access to all the Issues captured by your organization.
- Share/Checklists – if you want to allow this organization to have read access to all the Inspections captured by your organization.
- In the Add a contact box, type the first few letters of your main contact’s name. They'll appear in a suggestion list. Click on their name to add it to the Key contacts list. If you’re not sure of the contact's name click in the Add a contact field and press the space bar to see a list of all the names available for this organization. You should add all the users you can at this stage. Once you have done this any more new users have to be added individually by the Key Contact from another organization, or you will have to ask Aconex to add them.
Warning: once you have added a contact you cannot change it. You can only do this via the Aconex Service Desk.
- Add the other names if you have more than one contact.
- Click Save to save these details to the organization.
You'll see the updated Organizations you work with list, which includes the organization you just added.
Don't have time to add all the contacts from that organization? Add the main contact, then ask them to add the rest of their team to the Field project.