Starting new inspections from your desktop
See how to create new inspections in either Checklist or PDF format on your desktop.
Creating new inspections
- Open Field/Inspections, then select the location you want to start the inspection in.
- Click New Inspection to open the Select Template screen. This shows a list of all available Checklist and PDF templates.
- Find the template you want to use by either searching them, or by filtering using Template Category.
- If you hover your mouse over a template the Preview and Start Inspection buttons become visible. You can now either:
- open the Preview Template by selecting Preview, or;
- create a new inspection by clicking Start Inspection.
- If you select Preview Template, this opens the template in preview mode. This is not editable, but lets you see whether it’s a Checklist or PDF form, as well as information fields it uses. If this is the template you want to use, select Start Inspection. If it isn’t, you can use the left and right arrows at the bottom of the screen to move backwards and forwards between the templates available.
- Selecting Start Inspection opens the New Inspection window.
- If you’ve selected a Checklist form, you’ll see the following. Here you can, for example, add issues and photos, and edit some fields in the Inspection Details column such as Title and Status.
- If you’ve selected a PDF form, you’ll see the following. Here you can select the radio buttons for each question, enter the Contractor and Employer names, and edit some fields in the Inspection Details column such as Title and Status. There are a number of other actions you can run using the options in the tool bar.
- You can save your changes as you make them using the option at the top of the screen, or by clicking Save.