Working with Inspection Checklists and PDF forms
Creating and editing inspections
This section explains how to start and edit inspections on your desktop. You can edit inspections in a number of ways. For example, you can change the location, add issues, photos or comments to checklists via the desktop. You can also add line, arrow, pencil and photo annotations to them. See also Starting new inspections from your desktop.
Adding new inspections and previewing existing ones
- Inspection Checklists and Inspection PDF forms can be started and edited on the desktop. To start a Checklist or PDF form, open Field/Inspections and select New Inspection.
- Next, roll your mouse over a template and select either Preview a or Start Inspection. You can then either review an inspection or start a new one.
- To edit an inspection, open the appropriate checklist and select Edit. From here you can edit a number of items and fields, title and status for example, in the Inspection Details/Properties column.
- If you want to change an inspection’s location, you do so by directly editing the location hierarchy at the top of the screen under Edit Inspection.
- You can also add and edit Inspection responses in the main panel, add issues, photos or notes for each response, by via the corresponding icons on the right of the panel.
Starting and editing PDF forms
- To edit a PDF form, open the appropriate one and select Edit.
From here you can edit any of the fields and add lines, arrows, pencil and photo annotations using the icons at the top of the form. See Unsupported field types in Creating editable PDF Form templates for structured inspections for more information.