New Document Search
Try it now!
- Log in to Aconex, select your project, and click Documents.
- Click 'Try out the new Document search'.
Using the new search
- Select your Project and click Documents from the Menu.
- If you have already switched to the new search, click Document Register, otherwise opt-in following the steps above.
- In the Search field, enter your search criteria, such as the Document Number, Document Title or File Name.
- Click Search to view the list of documents that match your criteria.
Searches aren’t case-sensitive.
- Refine your search results by clicking All filters, and selecting from the available values such as Type and Discipline. You can select multiple values from these fields, allowing filtering across multiple types and disciplines.
- Click More Filters to select from the full list of filters available on your project. Click the pin icon to move a filter under your pinned filters for easy access.
- Once you have set your additional filters, click Search and your results will refresh. Use the filter chips under the search bar to view and adjust your pinned filters.
View and navigate your search results
In the results pane, you can scroll, sort and add columns as before. Our new search allows you to resize and pin columns, making it easier to navigate search results.
- To resize a column, hover your cursor over the column separator
- Click and drag your cursor to adjust the column width as needed.
To pin a column, hover your cursor over the column header. Then, click and drag the column to the desired location.
Dragging to the left side of the results pane will ‘Pin’ that column in place (note the pin icon that appears above the column), so you can scroll through the results with the pinned columns visible.
Partial searches and Operators
Use the asterisk (*) wildcard operator if you only know part of the information you are looking for.
Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT can also be used. Find out more.
In the example below, we’ve used a combination of both these techniques to find our documents.
Over the coming months, we’ll be fine-tuning and evolving search following user behavior and feedback, so be sure to tell us what you think using the feedback link in Aconex!