Search for documents and mail across all of your projects
Managing the cross project search
- Click the Stop Search link while the search is in progress.
- Select the checkbox for each project you want to search in, and clear the checkbox for all other projects.
- Documents tab – to view document results only.
- Mail tab – to view mail results only.
- Enter new search criteria in the Cross Project Search field, and click the Search button to refine your search.
Reviewing cross project search results
For documents you can:
- Click a document file icon to open or download the file.
- Click the document title link to open or download the file.
Click the Document Options icon and choosing:
- Open Locally – view or save the file locally.
- Open in Online Viewer – view the document in the online viewer.
- Open Search in Register – go to a pre-configured document search page in the project.
- View Properties – go to the document properties page for this document in the project.
The top 25 results (based on relevance) from each project are displayed. Projects are searched sequentially in the order they are listed on the search results page. The maximum number of results you see in a cross project search is determined by how many projects you're searching through. Try reducing the number of projects in your search to see more results.
For mails you can:
- Click a mail icon - open the mail in the project.
- Click a mail subject link - open the mail in the project.
Click the Mail Options icon and choosing:
- View this Mail – open the mail in the project.
- Open Search in Mail – go to a pre-configured mail search page in the project.