Use Add/Remove Columns to get a clearer picture of documents and mail
Configure the Documents columns
- Double-click on Documents in the Module Menu.
- Click Search to see all the documents in your project.
- Click the Add/Remove Columns button above the results.
On the left, you’ll see a list of the Available Columns you have to choose from. These will vary depending on your project, but likely columns include:
Hyperlink, which displays a hyperlink to the document
Transmittal in, which shows you the transmittal in which documents were sent to you
Transmitted, which shows which documents you’ve transmitted
To add columns to your view, click on the column under Available Columns, then click the right-pointing arrow button.
To remove columns from your view, click on the column under Selected Columns, then click the left-pointing arrow button.
To change the order of columns in your view, use the up and down arrows on the right-hand side of the dialog.
If you make changes, then decide you don’t like them, click Reset to return to the original column selections.
Add and Remove Mail columns
Follow the process provided for Documents above, but select Mail from the Module Menu in step 1, rather than Documents.
Mail-specific fields you might consider adding include:
- Due, which shows the deadline for responding to the mail
- Response, which displays the response mail number
- Response Date, which shows the date of response
- Forwarded information, including who the mail was forwarded to, when, and so on
- Comments, which displays any notes attached to the mail.
By configuring the relevant columns in Mail, you can get a rolling picture of responses to RFIs, as well as variation and change request processes, and site instructions. This can be help with your organization's internal RFI reporting.