Approval Permissions in Security Profiles
Setup the Security Profile
Anyone who is required to approve the following items in Cost will need the Execute/Approve permission enabled in their security profile as shown in the screenshot below. Each permission is considered separately in Cost which means they can be controlled individually.
- Contract Changes – Upstream
- Contract Changes – Downstream
- Payment Applications – Upstream
- Payment Applications – Downstream
- Change Events
- Change Event Items
Grant approve permission to a user
- From the menu select Cost > Cost Administration
- On the Users tab, find the user and note their Security Profile
- Select Security Profiles on the left menu
- Select the security profile you need to edit
- In the lower grid, scroll to the required row and check the box in the Execute/Approve column
- Repeat the steps for all items that the user can approve
Users who do not have authority to approve these items should be assigned security profiles with the Execute/Approve permission unticked.
Approving items in Cost
Anyone with the Execute/Approve permission can approve items using the status dropdown or Approve button, depending on the object.
For example, Contracts are approved using the dropdown in the Contract Status column on the contract register.
Payment applications are approved using the Approve button on the payment application screen (or can also be approved using the dropdown on the payment application register).
Users that do not have the Execute/Approve permission will receive an error when they try to perform the approval.