Creating configured fields in Cost
Configured fields can be created in most of the grids, and can use any of the fields available on the grid as part of the calculation.
For example, if your organization needs to report on an estimated forecast which includes the approved budget, potential budget changes, and potential etc changes, you could use the formula below.
You can also use multipliers, and could show a contingency amount by using approved budget x 0.1, if your contingency were 10%.
- Under Cost Administration/Organization or Project Settings/Configured Fields.
- Select the appropriate area of Cost. For example, Cost Worksheet or Control Elements.
- Click the Add button on the main screen, and complete the required fields.
- In the lower grid, build the formula you want to create using the fields from the drop-down menu and selecting Insert Field.
- Click Validate Formula to ensure there are no calculation errors.
- Click Save. The new field will now be available on the relevant grids and reports like any other column.