There are two types of tags that can be defined in Connected Cost:
Organization Tags: Group and summarize data when generating Organization and project reports. Available to all projects in your Organization.
Project Specific Tags: Group and summarize data in a specific project when generating project reports.
Create Organization tags
- Select Cost Administration > Organization Data > Tags.
- Click the Add icon on the toolbar, and select Add Category.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the category.
- Define which types of data the tag category can be used for (e.g. Projects, Control Accounts, Schedule Activities, Actuals, Commitments, and/or Changes.)
- Click Create.
- In the grid, locate and select a tag category, and click the Add icon on the toolbar.
- Select Add Tag.
- Enter the Name and Code in the appropriate fields, and click Create.
Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to add additional tags to a tag category.
Using Tags to Group Projects
Organization tags can be used to group Connected Cost projects in ways other than by the organization project structure. Multiple projects can be grouped, summarized, and filtered by using this feature.