Primavera P6 Integration
By connecting to P6 through an Application Program Interface (API) schedule data can be synchronized at any time, across different forms.
Integrating with P6 eliminates the need to manually enter schedule data or import it from a spreadsheet.
To enter your organization’s API credentials go to: Cost Administration > Organization Data > Organization Settings > Integrations > Primavera P6
The information necessary to integrate with the Primavera P6 database through a web service is defined in the Organization Settings form. The credentials needed to connect to the P6 database are the same used to access the P6 application.
Once the connection is defined for your instance, you can link P6 projects to Aconex Connected Cost projects in the Project Settings form.
To connect to Primavera P6:
- Select Cost Administration > Organization Settings.
- Click on the Primavera P6 link.
- In the API Credentials section, enter the URL to the P6 web services API. Your IT administrator should be able to provide this information.
- Click in the Username field and enter the username for a P6 API user.
- Click in the Password field and enter the password for the user entered in step 4 above.
- Click the Set Connection button.
Synchronizing Primavera P6 Data
Synchronizing Primavera P6 data through the web service is an automated process and Connected Cost simply connects via the API and ‘pulls’ data in.
To Synchronizing P6 with Aconex Connected Cost navigate to Cost Management > Utilities > Sync all Primavera P6 Data
To synchronize data, a user must have Import/Export Permissions for various forms that support this feature.