Using views in Connected Cost
Connected Cost allows you to view the costs and resources required to deliver a project. Projects are broken down into activities, where each activity has a defined scope, cost, time and resources. Resources can be recorded as either quantity of material or hours.
You can view and manage your project’s scope in three ways:
- Cost: The overall cost information associated with the activity.
- Hours: Any hour based resources such as labor required to complete the activity. This is a useful approach for self-performing clients who use their own workforce.
- Quantity: Physical quantities of work and materials.
1. In Cost management, click Control Elements in the Navigation Pane. Under the View: drop-down menu on the toolbar, select from one of three different views.
Creating User Views
In addition to the standard views in Connected Cost, you can also create customized user views.
1. Access both standard and custom views from the View drop-down menu in the toolbar. You also create and delete custom views from here.
2. To set up custom views navigate to Create New View.
3. Give your view a name and assign a group.
4. Select the columns you wish to show and in which order you wish to show them.
5. You can also select whether you’d like these custom views only available to you, or share them with other members of your organization.
Creating a custom view with the specific data you’d like users to see and making it their default view, is a great way to ensure they’re not overwhelmed when using cost.
Customizing Your Workspace
Grids are extremely flexible and customizable, allowing you to organize your data in a way that’s most meaningful to you. You can:
- Resize Columns – The width of a column can be resized by hovering your mouse over margin line between two columns in the column header row and dragging to the left or right.
- Column Chooser – Right-clicking anywhere in the column header row to choose which columns are displayed in the grid.
- Re-Arrange Columns – Clicking on the column header and dragging it to its desired location can modify the sequence of columns in a grid or sub-grid.
- Sort Columns – Columns can be sorted in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column header of the column that you want to sort by. For example, when you click on the First Name column header in the user accounts grid, the user accounts will be sorted in descending order by the first name of the users.
Once you have customized the grid layout, you can save your view by clicking on the View drop-down in the toolbar and selecting Create new view.
You can create as many views as you wish on each grid where this functionality is supported.
Saved views are user specific and are not available to other users in Aconex Connected Cost. Any modified views that have not been saved will be labelled in the drop-down menu as Unsaved. Once you navigate away from the grid with an unsaved view the grid layout will not be retained.