Creating reports and report definitions in Cost
Creating a new Report
The reports module provides the option to configure new report definitions. You can also save these report definitions and export them in a number of formats.
- Access reports by selecting Cost Reports from the main menu
- Click Create New Report
- Access reports by selecting Cost Reports from the main menu.
- Click Create New Report.
- Select the Report Type and give it a name.
- Under the Information heading, specify the report title and subtitle.
- Under the Display heading, select the number format, relevant columns, and column order.
- Under the Data heading, select the data type and select include cost elements and include notes as required.
- Use the Filter, Summary & Grouping sections to define how the report is formatted, and what information is displayed.
- Click Save Report or Save as New Report.
After making changes to the report, click Update Preview to generate the new report.
When creating a report you can select the report type and the dataset to be used in the report. This will determine which columns (Display Sections) can be selected to be shown in the report. You can further manipulate the data by selecting which data type (Cost/Hours/Quantity) to use: filtering by control element, applying conditions and through summarizing or grouping. The report can be previewed prior to saving the report.