Creating Work Breakdown Structure and Control Accounts
Add Work Breakdown Structure Elements
Control Accounts are activities or small groups of similar work with a defined scope, schedule, and budget. The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) provides a structure for your control accounts and can be used for cost management, and reporting within a project.
- In the Cost Worksheet, click the Project row, or the or WBS row where you want to add the new WBS.
- Click the Add icon on the toolbar.
- Choose where you want to add the WBS.
- Adding a Code and Name are required fields, once these are complete click Add WBS Element.
Add Control Accounts
Control Accounts are activities or small groups of similar work with a defined scope, schedule, and budget. Earned Value Management (EVM) is performed at the Control Account level.
Budgets, Actuals, and Forecasts are managed at a lower level, called Control Elements.
- Control Accounts are added to the Cost Worksheet using the Add button on the top menu.
- Click the Project Row, or the or Control Account Row where you want to add the new Control Account.
- Code and Name are required fields required fields. Once you’ve added your information click Add Control Account.