Import design issues in bulk with a BCF file
Use the BCF import tool to import multiple design issues from external applications into your Design Issue Register.
Importing the BCF file
- Log into Aconex and select your project.
- From the menu click Models, then select Issues.
- From the top right, click Import BCF Issues.
- Drag and drop your BCF file into the area shown or click choose files to select the BCF file from your computer.
- Click Start Upload.
- Once the upload completes, Aconex will automatically scan the file and show you the list of issues ready for import.
- Fix any errors highlighted in red.
- Any issues that already exist in Aconex will be indicated by their Issue number. All other issues will be shown as 'New'.
- Update issue details such as Type, Title, Status, and Assignee as required.
- After making your changes select the issues you wish to import and click Import.
- Your imported issues will now be visible in the issues list .
- Errors identified by Aconex will be highlighted in red. See the example below.
- To fix an error click into the cell highlighted in red.
- Aconex will advise the reason for the error and provide you with assistance to resolve it.
- In this example the issue type 'Info' is invalid. We need to select from the list of valid Issue Types.
- Continue clicking into each highlighted cell to resolve each error.
- Select the issues as required and click Import.