Model Coordination Virtual Reality (VR)
Some users find that their balance is affected when using VR, therefore, to avoid accidents, all users should sit down before using it.
Create or check that the appropriate Viewpoints are in the project you are using before entering VR.
Note: Don’t try to filter Viewpoints in the browser as this functionality is not supported.
- Click on a model Stack or preset Viewpoint to enable the Enter VR button.
- The Explore side panel, on the right of the viewer, closes when you select Enter VR. This improves the VR experience and performance. You should leave it closed while you’re using VR.
- Right: A single object can be selected by focusing on an object and pulling the right trigger.
- Left: Multiple objects can be selected by holding the left trigger while selecting objects with the right.
- Shows and hides the menu above the left controller
- X button while using menu returns it to the main menu list and cancels an activity if underway (ie a partial measurement activity).
- If an object/s is selected, the A button will cycle those objects between transparent, invisible and visible.
- If the right controller selector is focused on an object, the A button can be used to make the object transparent or invisible.
- Left: activates the “jet pack” and moves the user down
- Right: activates the “jet pack” and moves the user up
- Left: moves the user’s position forward, back, or to each side.
- Right: turns the user to the left or right.
- In the main menu, the X button shows and hides the main menu.
- Use the right controller ‘laser’ selector to highlight a menu item or action, then pull the right trigger to select it.
- Reset view returns the view to the default point of view for the model currently in the viewer.
- Access to any/all viewpoints in that project.
- When you select a Viewpoint you are automatically moved to that location in the model.
- You can choose Previous or Next to scroll through a list of Viewpoints.
The VR facilitator should make sure that Viewpoints are set up in a browser prior to VR session.
In Objects you can:
- View properties for single objects. This feature isn’t available if more than one object selected.
- Hide selected objects
- Zoom to selected objects
- Deselect all objects.
While measuring you will see on-screen instructions and can cancel or restart a measurement. You can take measurements using:
- Point to point
- Plane to plane
From the Navigation menu you can:
- Teleport to any visible location in the model – point where you'd like to go and then click the controller to jump to that location.
- Jump to a higher floor
- Jump to a lower floor
- Disable/Enable gravity
- Disable/Enable wall collision.
Use the Reset view button to reset the view/return to the default view of the model you’re currently viewing.