Using Revit with Aconex
Loading and viewing issues in a project
- Run the Connect process from the Aconex Design Issues tab.
- Enter the appropriate details in the Login details window.
- This opens the Aconex Design Issues panel.
- Select the appropriate project from the Project list.
Clearing the default filter
- Having loaded a project, select Clear Filter in the Design Issues panel to see all the project’s issues available to your organization.
- When you do this, the Edit Filter and Clear Filter buttons are replaced by the Filter Issues button.
- You can then use Filter Issues to find the ones relevant to you.
Viewing design issues
You can see issues and their editable details from the Open Design Issues panel. Loading a model viewpoint opens a new Aconex Perspective View.
If the issue is a clash, a blue sphere is displayed around the clash point. Once the viewpoint has loaded, you can navigate the model and edit any of the issue details.
To load other issues viewpoints, you have to close the Aconex Perspective View tab before selecting another one.
In the Open Design Issues panel, you can:
- Load a model viewpoint by selecting it.
- Open a snapshot using the magnifying glass icon.
- Open an issue’s Details panel and edit its contents.
- Add comments.
- Edit a related model’s details.
Loading a model’s viewpoint by selecting it
Opening a snapshot using the magnifying glass icon
Opening an issue’s Details panel
Using the Details panel
Start by selecting the Details button next to the issue you want to work with.
Here you can edit an issue’s details, by selecting the Edit icon, and add comments from Add Comments.
The graphic below shows the Design Issues window with the Edit icon and the Add Comments button highlighted.
Editing an issue’s details
The Edit Details window opens when you click the Edit icon. Here you can edit details such as Status, Assignee and Due Date.
Start by selecting the Add comment button and enter your text in the text field. Note the maximum number of characters you can enter is 255.
Editing related models
You can edit the details of related models by selecting the Edit icon to the right of the Activity area.
This opens the Edit Details window, which is used in the same way as when editing the currently open issue.
Changing the display mode
You can view models in several ways, including Wireframe, Hidden and Shaded.
- To change the current display option, select the 3D icon to the right of Perspective under the viewer to open the Graphic Display Options list.
- Now select one of these options to update the model in the viewer.
Adding a new issue
Issues can only be created in Perspective View, if you’re not in this view already, you’ll see a message asking you to change it.
- Create the View where you’d like to add an issue. The following graphic shows an example of a model in the 3D viewer.
- Select New issue in the Design Issues panel.
- Add a Title and Description in the New Issue window.
- Select the details and options you want to add now.
- Select Publish to add the new issues into the Design Issues panel.
Publishing 3D views to Aconex
To export viewpoints to Aconex, publish them from the Design Issues panel.
- Select Publish 3D view in the Design Issues panel.
- Select the 3D views you want to publish to Aconex in the Publish 3D views list.
- Select any of the other parameters you want to add. For example, Type, Assignee, Due Date or Set.
- Select any models you want to associate the viewpoints with from the Associate Models list.
- Select Publish. You should then see them being uploaded. Once this has finished, you can see them in the Design Issues panel.