Using Solibri with Aconex
Downloading the connector
The Solibri and Aconex integration works with Solibri Model Checker 9.9 and newer and requires the BCF Connector. To start using the integration, download the latest version of the BCF Connector from the Solibri Solution Center. If you can't see the BCF Connector in the Solibri Solution Center, contact your company-admin for the SSC. They will need to assign the rights to you first before you can download.
Connecting to Aconex
- Once the BCF connector is installed, you’ll be able to see it in the Solutions Center tab.
- Go to File/Settings and select the BCF Connector. This opens the BCF Connector window.
- Next select the Server you want to connect to. This will be Aconex, as to Solibri Aconex is a server. If the one you want to connect to isn’t in the list, use Add Server to find the appropriate one.
In the Add Server window, select the Server and URL, and then use Authenticate to login and authorize connection via the SSO login process through a browser.
- Once this has finished, press OK to close the window and return to the BCF Connector window.
- Now select the Project you want to use, and then Set as Default Project if required.
- When you’ve finished, press OK.
- To start viewing your models, press Add Models in the File menu.
Creating a new presentation
- Open the Issue Details window by selecting New Issue in the Issues list. This adds it to the Issues list and opens the Issue Details window.
- Add all the details for fields such as Title, Description and Status in the Issue Details window.
- When you finished, save the details by clicking on the X in the top right corner to add the new issue to the Issues list and the Issue Sorter.
Synchronizing a presentation
Updates made in either Solibri or Aconex are shared between each other by synchronizing them. This is a manual process - it doesn't happen automatically.
In the Communication tab, click the circular arrows to the right of the presentation title, and then select Synchronize Presentation from the menu or double click the circular arrows. This opens the Synchronize Issues with Server window.
- Here you can choose to download or upload issues or do both simultaneously.
When you do this, you may have to convert values using Value Conversions, which opens the Value Conversions window. Here you can map Solibri issue values to the Aconex values.
- When you’ve finished click OK to start the upload/download process. You can see both processes running under the Issue Sorter.
- When finished, it opens the Synchronize Report showing the summary details. You can now review the changes and issues in Aconex.