Working with design issues
What can you do in Issues?
The Issues screen is where you can access and see the details of your project issues. You can also edit them and add comments. As there are likely to be many issues, you can filter them by including Status, Type, Assignee and Issue set.
What does the Issues screen look like?
The Issues screen is made up of three main areas:
- The Issues list.
- The open issue’s details.
- The Viewpoint snapshot and Model viewpoint panels.
Viewing issue information
To see an issue’s details, click on it in the list to open it. The information you can see in the list is:
- Title – the name given to the issue when it was created.
- Assignee – this lists their name if one’s been allocated.
- Due date – if one’s been allocated.
- Set – the name of the Issue Set the issue belongs to. This might not be allocated.
If you have lots of issues, you can filter these individually or in combination of any of the following:
- Status – the options are All, Done and Closed.
- Type – the options are All, Error, Warning, Information, Clash and Other.
- Issue set – choose an option from the list of current Issue Sets.
Reviewing and editing issue information
This part of the screen is divided into two sections. One gives you an at-a-glance view of the issue’s details in the following sections. Clicking on any of the icons takes you to its information. You can also edit a section’s information using the Edit icon on the right side of the panel. The second part of this screen shows the following:
- Details – this shows information such as the assignee name and Issue set the issue belongs to. You can edit all of the information here via the Edit icon. This means you can, for example, re-assign the issue, change its status and give it a Due by date.
- Viewpoints - this shows the objects shown in the Viewpoint snapshot and Model viewpoint, which you can show and hide.
- Activity - this shows the activity history and any comments that have been made using the Add comments button.
- Related items - this lists all the items that relate to the ones shown in the snapshot. You can edit the information here via the Edit icon. When you do this you will see a list of all the models you can add, you can also remove any that have already been added.
Editing multiple issues using bulk edit
You can speed up the process of editing design issues by editing them in bulk. You do this by filtering the current ones to create a list of the ones you want to change using the Bulk edit button. For example you might want to select them by Status or Type. You can then update these by changing fields such as Assignee and Due Date.
You can only do this if you have edit permissions.
Viewpoint snapshot and Model viewpoint panels
The Viewpoint snapshot and Model viewpoint panels can be closed as required. If you select the object in Model viewpoint, you can navigate it in the same way you would in the viewer including adding sections, measurements and adding a new comment with a viewpoint.
Adding Viewpoints with comments in Issues
If you're reviewing a design issue you can add additional context using Viewpoint with comment. To do this, select the plus sign in the menu on Model Viewpoint panel and select Viewpoint with comment.