Linking documents to objects in a model
Attach files in the Document Register to your model.
Linking to documents
- Select the model you want to view in the Model Stack.
- Once the model is loaded, select the object (or objects) you want to link documents to.
- The Selected Object toolbar then appears at the bottom of the viewer. It shows a counter if documents are already linked to that object. If the object has no linked documents, no number will show.
- Click Linked docs, then the Add icon to open the Document Register.
- Search for the documents you want to link. You can refine the search using the field next the Search button. For example, entering DWG only returns drawing files.
- Select the documents you want to link.
- Click Add to run the process.
- Once this has finished you’ll be able to see the linked documents under the viewer in Models. Note that the Linked docs counter has been updated.
Deleting and downloading linked documents
Once you’ve linked to documents, you can download them and remove them.
- To download them, hover the mouse of the document’s details, then click the Download icon.
- To remove a document, select it to enable the Remove icon, then click on it.