Sending mail from within Model Coordination
- Navigate the model to the viewpoint you want to show your mail recipients, and select any objects you want to discuss in your mail message.
- Click Add, then Mail at the top of the viewer.
- This opens Step 1 of the Mail wizard, Screenshot markup. From here you can Skip this step, or annotate the screenshot using the Markup toolbar to add notes, boxes, and other highlights to the model view.
If you don't want to annotate the screenshot, click Skip.
- When you’ve finished marking up the screenshot, click Next.
- You’ll then see Step 2, New Mail. The marked up file appears as a .png file attachment. The Message area contains a link to the model in the viewer.
- Complete the mail as you would any Aconex mail. For more information see Creating mail in Aconex.
- Click Send. This closes the Mail wizard and finishes the process.
- You should see a confirmation message at the top of the page.
Your sent mail is saved in the Mail register along with all other project mail, and remains linked to the model views you've included.
Your can also see all mail attached to an object in the Selected object toolbar under the viewer in Linked Mail.